Measuring and analyzing through the Soil Temperature and Humidity Sensor enables optimized water use since information is provided about the soil type in greater detail. Some examples of conclusions that can be obtained:
- Areas with increased water seepage
- Different types of soil on the same farm. More clayey, sandy, etc.
- Areas in which there is greater water evaporation
- Sectors with water deficit as a result of the irrigation system
Once these problems are detected. Decisions can be made that guarantee that the plant absorbs the correct amount of water at all times.
Having control of the soil temperature enables irrigation to be scheduled with optimal fertilizer use management that guarantees the root of the plant obtains the nutrients correctly. Soil temperature conditions microbial processes and influences nutrient absorption, especially phosphorus, which is lower in cold soils.
To monitor the Soil Temperature and Humidity Sensor readings, connect it to MAHER SENSORS, which enable the sensor readings to be sent directly to the cloud for viewing from the Maher App with any device with internet access (Smartphone, PC, Tablet, etc.)
It can also be connected to one of the irrigation controllers manufactured by Maher Electrónica. The main advantage of this system is that it displays of graphs and enables interaction with the controller based on the data received. Some examples:
- Start and stop an irrigation schedule when soil moisture reaches a certain parameter. Soil moisture can therefore be maintained between a range of values
- Maintain the soil temperature within a range of target values